Understanding Florida Elder Law Attorney’s Role for Seniors in West Palm Beach and Surrounding Areas
What is Elder Law?
Elder law encompasses a wide range of legal matters affecting an older or disabled person. A Florida elder law attorney specializes as a legal advocate for aging adults and their loved ones in Palm Beach County and surrounding Florida areas.
The heart of elder law is serving senior citizens with essential legal matters in West Palm Beach. Florida health care costs are rising at a rate faster than most people’s finances can afford. In addition, people are living longer because of advances in medicine and healthcare Palm Beach County. Many don’t realize that the fastest-growing segment of the American population includes people age 80 and over. Palm Beach County elder law lawyers help plan to protect their nest egg for when, not if, a long-term care event strikes to leave a legacy.
Elder law issues a West Palm Beach Elder Law attorney can assist with include:
- Florida Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Disability claims and appeals
- Disability planning, durable power of attorney, living wills, and living trusts for elderly parents in Palm Beach County, Florida
- Preservation and transfer of assets to avoid spousal impoverishment
- Florida Long-term care and supplemental health insurance considerations
- Access to health care in varied managed care settings
- Florida Tax planning
- Guardianships and conservatorships in Palm Beach County
- Florida Estate planning management during life and disposition using trusts, wills, and more after death
- Estate Administration and Florida probate
- Lifecare in long-term care community placement or nursing homes
- Housing issues such as home equity conversions or discrimination
- Age discrimination regarding employment
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery in Florida
- Health and mental health law in Florida
- Retirement planning including public and private retirement benefits, pension benefits, and survivor benefits
- Dementia life strategies in Palm Beach County, Florida
- Florida Veterans Planning
Because elder law is so diverse, it is most beneficial to have a clear idea of your issue and the legal need that warrants hiring a West Palm Beach elder law attorney. Before seeking out an elder law attorney, discuss your matter with your family, clergy, or a trusted friend to identify a legal issue rather than a social service or medical one. Often the lines between problems can blur, but you should be clear about the specific type of help you need in Palm Beach County, Florida.
What is a West Palm Beach, Florida Elder Law Attorney?
At The Law Office of Juan Pyfrom, our Florida elder law attorneys may handle a range of elder law issues that focus on planning for elder care for our senior citizens in Palm Beach County are surrounding areas of Florida.
As you age, you look for doctors that specialize in the health concerns of older people. Your Florida attorney should be no different. Our West Palm Beach elder law office’s unique position is to enhance the foundational planning you have already done while preparing you, your spouse, and your family for the challenges aging Americans face in Florida.